Sunday, January 10, 2010

This Joy I Have...

I can think of so many songs that express my deepest, sincere gratitude for God like:

If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands... .
I get Joy when I think about...What He's done for me... .
I still have my Joy... After all the things I've been through, I still have my Joy... .
This Joy I have, the world didn't give it to me...and the world can't take it away!

Joy? What is real joy? And I am not talking about Webster's definition either. I'm talking about the feeling you get when your heart is full of words that your mouth can't speak. Real Joy. When even in the midst of confusion, tears stream steadily down your smiling face. Real Joy. Do you know what I'm talking about? Do you know what real joy is?

I'd like to think I know a lil' something about this feeling called; JOY. Joy, to me is; being able to wake up in the morning with more than the activity of my limbs. It is being able to wake up and see the activity of my babies' limbs. Joy, to me is; having more needs than I have money but still being able to lift my hands to say, 'Thank You Jesus!' It is being able to praise God in spite of my circumstances. Joy, to me is; being able to laugh when I want to cry; run when I want to stand still; clap when I want to slap somebody! (Awe! Don't act like you ain't neva wanted to slap nobody!) LOL God is Good Y'all! Joy is breathing...On My Own! Joy is walking and talking...On My Own! Joy is being able to see...On My Own...without the need for glasses! Joy is not only believing He'll make a way...It's knowing He Will!

I got to stop now y'all, 'cause This Joy I Have...Wasn't given to me by man, which is why he'll never understand...why...I get Joy When I think about....What HE KEEPS DOING FOR ME!!!
-A. Life...

1 comment:

  1. Sis you will have me on top of my computer doing my Holy Ghost dance if ya don't stop all that praising...Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa no don't stop let's get it started...

    Joy is being able to pour life into others, its being able to go to church on Sunday, its being able to decide pants or skirt....Like you my joy didn't come from this side and I'm grateful for that..
    Stay in His Grip!

    ReplyDelete