Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Second Wave...

We all need reassurance from time to time; a pat on the back perhaps, or maybe even a nod of approval. But does that make us a weak and needy people? Certainly Not! It makes us human. I don't know one human being who doesn't like vocal gratification, physical stimulation, or monetary saturation. (If you find one, send'em to me so I can rip the lie right off of his/her tongue!LOL) In fact, without such reinforcements, our actions, efforts, and deeds, would significantly decrease. I know me better than I know anybody else; so I can tell you from firsthand experience that a pat on the back when I'm on my knees, gives me just enough strength to stand up. (Now that pat on the back better be from somebody 'with no hands' (lol) because it may just be an insult if coming from someone with the means to pick me up. (But we won't even start on that subject.)) I'm still talking about 'The Second Wave' y'all. But I am trying to paint a picture so that you can understand where I'm coming from. WE ALL NEED A SECOND WAVE EVERY NOW AND AGAIN!

I arrived at this conclusional theory, if you will, while dropping my daughter off at school one day. Although this was a regular practice for her, it never really hit me until it hit me. The usual kiss on the cheek and well wishes for the day, almost always occur, but the second wave; happens without thought and without question. As I walked home on that cold winter day, the tears flowing from my eyes; warmed my scarf-less face and my mind began to overextend itself with worries of, 'Why?' "I wonder why she always turns around to wave 'goodbye' for a second time? 'Why?' Is it because she, for some reason, believes she won't see me anymore? Or perhaps, she figured I didn't hear her or see her the first time? 'Why?'" I thought about it for a while or just until I was warm and inside my home. And the hit that I said hit me...really Hit me!

The reasons for her 'second wave' may vary from time to time, but then again, so does mine. (Tears) When my baby waves, she's possibly saying, 'Bye again Mama!' 'I love you again Mama!' or an, 'I'm sorry again Mama!' (If she's gotten into trouble) But no matter the reason, regardless of the circumstance, what she EXPECTS; is for me to be there! (Tears)What good is any wave at all, if nobody sees it?

So it is at this time that I choose to tell God, 'Thank You' for the second wave. With the wave of Your Voice's hand, You spoke me into existence. But with the wave of Your Breath's hand, You breathed Life into me! So, "I Thank You!" With the wave of Your Heart's hand, You let me feel Your Love. But with the wave of Your Footsteps to the cross, You MADE Me Know Real Love! So, "I Thank You!" With the wave of Your Redemptive Power, You Saved Me! But with the wave of Your Omniscient Presence, You've Kept Me! And For That... I still say, "Thank You!" "Thank You Again Jesus, For My Second Wave because You have lovingly spoiled me into Expecting You to be there!" Had it not been for Your Second Waves, I wouldn't be here today! And just as I stand there for my baby's reassurance, I stand in the reassurance of Your Goodness, Your Grace and Your Mercy because I know...

The Second Wave is Not The Final Goodbye... ."

No comments:

Post a Comment