Sunday, December 13, 2009

Secret Wounds & Hidden Pain by A. Life...

As I wrote this book, I pondered the title as a subject and was floored. Tears ran the length of my face because I never really acknowledged the mere thoughts or ideas behind my life's scars; visible as well as hidden. When my visibility was clearer and the tears were dried up, I was able to stand boldly and give what I had been babying; a name. That name as we have come to know is none other than the title of my latest novel; Secret Wounds & Hidden Pain. As I began to question the similitude of the terms; wounds and pain, along with secret and hidden; an answer quickly forced itself into my mental fibers. How can a wound be secret? How can you hide pain? The answer is simple; a cover-up. We all know what covers were created to do but do we understand fully what they weren't created for as well? COVERS ARE TEMPORARY SHIELDS FROM EXTERNAL ELEMENTS! When the outside threat is extinguished, the cover is to be removed. This is the part we forget about. That which is 'undercover' needs to be exposed. Remember, even the rough has to move, so the brilliancy of the diamond can be seen by the world. TAKE THE COVERS OFF AND YOU'LL BE AMAZED AT HOW GOOD THE 'YOU' YOU'VE BEEN HIDING REALLY LOOKS.

No comments:

Post a Comment