Monday, November 28, 2011

Hey God! by A. Life...

God, are You listening?
Do You see me down here?
I'm tired.
I have more needs than I have money.
I have pain in my body.
My mind hurts because my head won't stop allowing my brain to send thoughts through it.
My face burns because the smile it wears is getting too old and doesn't fit anymore.
My calloused swagger needs to be resurfaced with a razor blade.
The two hands on my arms swell from holding life's work....
My,... my,... my,... .
I am tired...
Tired...
Tired...of complaining!
Ay'Yo God, are You still listening!?
I know YOU see me down here!
You know I'm tired!
You know I have needs because You promised to meet and supply every one of them!
Over 2000 years ago, Your stripes of pain healed mine!
You gave me a mind to think and rationalize with!
You also gave me the capability to renounce my mind's thoughts while I gain the mind of Christ.
The smile on my face will stretch wider than my head and the skin will be replenished by tears shed.
My feet will still need some work but that's okay because the devil's head will be badly bruised!
My hands will remain in a lifted state to give you praise because...
Ay'Yo God...
I know You're listening. I know You hear me!
So I'll use this time to tell YOU...
Thank You!
THANK You!
Thank YOU!
THANK YOU!!!
Not only did You give me life, health, and strength...
You gave me LIFE...and Life more abundantly!
You looked beyond the fault of my foolishness and saw every one of my needs!
My kids are well!
And I will forever have a story to tell...
That is...
That I am gratefully kept by Your Grace!
And Thankful for Your never-ending Mercy!...
God, Thank You For Listening To My Complaints Until They Turned Into THANKS!
-signed, Your Child...A. Life...

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog while Goggling and read your emotional typing here really touch my hearth. Sometimes I feel the same like you think and having knew that God always listening us was my pleasure to get the peace from him.

    ReplyDelete